Sunday, June 3, 2012

Witty in the City's Man-Pleasing Chicken

I found this recipe on Pinterest and seriously you need to make this!  Thank you Witty in the City ... this will definitely go on the monthly menu plan.

Don't be deterred if you don't like the sound of all that mustard as it really doesn't taste "mustardy" at all. The Pig loved it and not only does he not like mustard but he didn't like the idea of maple syrup on chicken so was surprised when I told him afterwards ... note after he told me how much he enjoyed it! Also this fed the four of us perfectly, if you have an extra mouth or older children, I would increase the measurements a bit. In fact I will probably do that next time anyway as I had some requests for seconds.
You can link through to http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/08/man-pleasing-chicken/ for the recipe or if you are in New Zealand or Australia you may prefer to stay right here as I have converted the measurements and temperature.


Man Pleasing Chicken




Ingredients
  • 700 gms chicken thighs (but don't see why you couldn't use breasts)
  • 1/2 cup Dijon Mustard (I used Delmaines)
  • 1/4 cup of Maple Syrup (I used Steeves Canadian Maple as we can't stand the imitation stuff)
  • 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar (I simply used some wine vinegar I already had in the pantry)
  • Fresh rosemary

Method

1  Preheat oven to 230 degrees celcius
2  Line a baking dish with foil (a really good idea as it makes it so easy to clean - all the baked sticky syrup would be a pain to remove).


3.  Mix the mustard, maple syrup and wine vinegar together and pour over the chicken in the baking dish. Be sure to flip the chicken to make sure it's all coated.



4.  Pop in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes. Baste the tops again with more sauce halfway. I actually flipped mine and basted them a couple of times.
5.  Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
6.  Plate the chicken, making sure to spoon some extra sauce over the top.
7.  Finish by sprinkling some fresh rosemary over the top

Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It