Friday, June 15, 2012

A Trip to MOTAT

As we have been working on Amelia Earhart this term, I thought it would be great to do a trip to MOTAT (Museum of Transport and Technology) in Auckland. Then MOTAT offered free entry to everyone for the month of June in celebration of the volunteers that help run the place. How nice is that! So after a trip into Auckland to pick up my passport, we headed over for look see.




The museum is house at Western Springs at an old pumping station.




One of the various displays.




I so need one of these at home!




Look familiar Melbournians? They even have the old signs on them - on the other end it reads St Kilda. These trams run outside MOTAT and take you to another area that homes the airplane display. There are other trams at the museum which also run but I think it just depends on the day, as to which trams you might catch. The girls were so excited at catching one of these and for me it was a trip down memory lane. I now know I am old when public transport that I used to take is displayed at a museum!



Inside a Melbourne tram in Auckland on our way around to the Aviation display.


 

Inside the big Aviation Display Hall.

 

The girls with Daddy checking out one of the steam trains on display.


 

This is part of their interactive area. You press the button and the booth starts shaking like you are in an earthquake. I nearly slipped off the seat and had to press stop and get off.




And lastly another tram, just because I love them.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It